Our sea buckthorn berries have been osmotically dried with a particularly gentle, extraordinary drying process, so that the valuable ingredients are preserved. The color is then a bit orange-red-brown and not as dark brown as the color of the air-dried berries.
The main cause of perishability of fruits and vegetables are their high water content. To increase the shelf life of these fruits and vegetables many methods or combination of methods had been tried. Osmotic dehydration is one of the best and suitable method to increase the shelf life of fruits and vegetables. This process is preferred over others due to their vitamin and minerals, color, flavor and taste retention property.
The osmotically dried sea buckthorn berries can be used in a variety of ways and are suitable for e.g. Homemade student food, snacks, cereals, tea, bowl tuning, smoothies or homemade power fruit bars. Ideal for savory dishes (such as game or lamb dishes) due to its sour taste. In medicine, sea buckthorn is processed for its healing properties (inflammation of the skin or gums), such as in creams or oils.
The most important ingredient of the sea buckthorn is the highly concentrated vitamin C, which is why the small berries outshine many citrus fruits. In addition, sea buckthorn is rich in vitamin E, contains the trace elements iron, calcium, manganese and magnesium, fruit acids, flavanoids and vitamin B12, which is otherwise found only in animal products, thus ideal for the vegan diet.
Tea preparation: Herbal tea from the berries is very tasty. For this, add 1-2 teaspoons of sea-buckthorn berries to 500ml/17 ounces of boiling water and leave to infuse for 10 minutes. Sweeten with honey if desired.
Calories (per 100g): 92 kcal / 385 KJ
of which sugar: 4.7g
- Premium Quality, Worldwide registered priority airmail – fast shipping
- Packaging: resealable aroma protective bag
- Net weight: 50g / 1.8oz
- Organic – NON-GMO – no chemicals/no preservatives/no additives
- Ingredients: 100% Sea buckthorn berries osmot. dried whole (bot. Hippophae Fruct.)
- Country of origin: RU | Processed in: DE
- Shelf life: 2 years from production date
- Storage Instructions: Dry, Cool & Dark Conditions
- Manufactured by: Fluxias GmbH, 88263 Horgenzell, Germany