The erica flowers (scotch heather scots heather, moorland herb) are harvested in the German “Sommerheide” region which translates to “summer heather”. Only the tips of the shoots of the heather flowers are harvested, then air-dried and “rubbed” after complete drying. The flowers grow 100% organically, no additional ingredients are used once harvested.
Erica blooms contain natural valuable flavonoids, tannins and phenolic acids, arbutin, enzymes, flavone glycosides, tannins, saponins and minerals.
More than 400 years ago, the Calluna vulgaris, the heather, was also valued as a medicinal plant. It was said that heather flowers purify the blood and relieve bladder infections, indigestion, restlessness and promote falling asleep. The urinary and sweaty action quickly flushes toxins out of the body, heather flowers also have antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. Applied externally, compresses can also be made to help with eczema and other skin rashes. Baths with heather and effervescent flowers may relieve rheumatism and gout. In general, the heather is considered very well tolerated, side effects or interactions are not yet known.
In Germany, Erika is considered a protective herb for the happiness and protection of people in general.
Supplied in sealed reclosable aroma protection doypack – made in Germany.
- Net weight: 0.71oz / 20g
- Premium Quality – No chemicals/preservatives/additives
- Ingredients: 100% dried heather petals (erica, scotch heather, scots heather, moorland herb)
- Botanical Name: Calluna (Erica) Vulgaris
- Storage Instructions: Dry, Cool & Dark Conditions
- Country of Origin: harvested, processed and packed in Germany
- Dietary & Allergy Info: Dairy Free | Vegan | organic & natural | GMO Free
- Manufactured by: Fluxias GmbH, 88263 Horgenzell, Germany
Let yourself be mesmerized by its fine-sweet aroma.
Recipe for Heather Tea:
1 tablespoon of heather flowers with 1 cup (250ml) of hot water
Let it steep for 5 to 10 minutes, strain and enjoy!
♥♥ Enjoy the mysterious world of heather ♥